When is it time to change your car’s battery? There can be several warning signs that can be easy for drivers to overlook, but the team the Northbrook Toyota service center has a few tips to help diagnose a battery that needs to be replaced before your car, truck, or SUV refuses to start.
- Is your battery more than three years old?
- Is the warranty on your car battery expired?
- Have you seen check engine or other warning lights come on?
- Have you jump-started your vehicle recently?
- Have you used a portable battery charger to recharge your battery in the last few weeks?
- Do the lights dim when the A/C or stereo comes on?
- Has your vehicle had its alternator or timing belt replaced recently
- Do the posts or cables have visible corrosion or rust?
If your answer to any of these questions was, “Yes,” it may be time to replace your current car battery with a new Toyota TrueStart™ battery. The auto service center at Northbrook Toyota has a team of factory-trained technicians who know your vehicle inside and out. We’ve seen every battery or electrical issue a car can have, and our team has helped customers to continue to rack up miles and get to work. Contact our team to learn more about how we can take the worry out of starting your car in the morning.
Do you want to get a new car battery installed for less? Take a look at our latest service specials, coupons, and rebates to learn how to get the same great maintenance service or new components for less. Please keep in mind that our special offers are updated every month, so it’s a good idea to check back whenever your car, truck, or SUV needs to stay on its maintenance schedule.